Hardware And Networking
What you will learn:
- All the fundamentals needed to start a career in IT hardware
- Demonstrate competence in knowledge in the basics of computer technology, networking, and security
- Learn to work with hardware, peripherals, networking, and security components
- Understand the basics of preventative maintenance, basic networking, installation, troubleshooting and communication skills
Career & Study Outcomes
Introduction to Computer
- The basic building blocks of a computer system ‐ the CPU , the Arithmetic & Logical Unit .The binary numbers as a language which computer understands, interprets and processes. The Input & Output devices as means of communication with the Computer system.
- Number System: Why Binary numbers are used, Binary, Decimal and Hexadecimal number system; Conversion from decimal and hexadecimal to Binary and vice versa.
- The concept of hardware & the software ‐ the two main components of a computer system. The data & the information. The importance of information flow & its impact on growth & productivity.
- Study of ATX System, Pentium, Core, Core 2 Cord, Core 2 Duo, I3, I5,I7 ,i9 , Xeon Processor
- Basics of Processor and CPU Block Diagram of Computer and Computer Generation.
- Motherboards, Chipset and Controllers, BIOS and the Boot Process
- Computer Memory : SDRAM , DDR1 ,DDR2,DDR3,DDR4
- IDE and SATA Devices: Hard Disk Drive and CD/DVDs Drives, SCSI Devices
- Expansion Cards‐ LAN Card, IDE Card , VGA and SVGA Cards, Sound Card, Interface Cards, I/O cards, Video Cards, USB Card, Fire‐Wire Cards, Internal Ports, Cables and Connector Types.
Architecture of PC Peripherals
- Switch Mode Power Supply: Discrete components, principle of operation SMPS
- Monitors: CRT, LCD and LED Displays
- Hard Disk Drive: IDE,SATA,SSD,iSCSI,SAS and Its construction, basic principle of operation, disk drive types, installation, cables, connectors and jumper details, formatting and managing hard disk drive, Various interface standards.
- Input and Output devices : keyboard , mouse , display
- Printer: Types & components of printers, printer interface with computer, principle of operation of Laser and Inkjet printers, various mechanical sub‐assemblies, general maintenance aspects
Assembly and disassembly of PC and Laptop
Introduction and Installation of Operating Systems and Softwares
- Concept of BIOS, POST its error codes and their interpretation
- Operating System concepts, definition, Batch processing, Time Sharing, Real Time, Multi‐tasking, Multi‐Programming, Computer Networks, Distributed Processing
- Steps in the booting process
- Basic DOS commands, internal and external commands Basic file commands
- Detailed description of CMOS setup and meaning of its various setting CMOS password setting.
- System files FAT and NTFS, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 , Windows 10, RedHat Linux and Multi Boot Operating System.
- Device Installation Graphics Card, Sound Card, LAN Card, Wireless LAN Card, External Drive, Flash Cards, Web Camera, Mobile Devices, Pen Drive, Firewire Cards, Modem, Plotter, Wireless LAN, Access Point etc.
- Installation of software drivers , necessary software’s , other required software’s and games
- Discovering the new features, Installing Windows 10 , navigating the system.
- Evaluating alternate installation options.
- Discovering the features, navigating the system.
- Evaluating alternate installation options, ensuring optimal configurations.
- Troubleshooting and restoring, creating and modifying security boundaries.
- Configuring and controlling user environments, customizing user account control.
- Encrypting drives and devices.
- Configuring TCP/IP functionality, network location awareness, connecting to wireless networks.
- Sharing and accessing resources, accessing the enterprise remotely.
- Leveraging built in technologies, monitoring and analyzing applications.
- Ensuring application compatibility.
General troubleshooting and maintenance
Introduction to Networks
Media and Connectors
Overview of Wireless Network
Introduction to Wireless LAN
Check our reviews on Google Here: Rolla Academy Dubai Reviews
More Courses You Might Like
OVERVIEW: In today’s world, for most of the data centers present in the world, Microsoft Windows server is a mandatory requirement. Windows server 2016 is the latest Microsoft Server operating system and many organizations use Microsoft server as their primary server. Since this is the latest version of Windows server soon organizations will install or
OVERVIEW The N10-007 CompTIA Network+ certification ensures that the successful candidate has the critical knowledge and skills necessary to manage, maintain, troubleshoot, install, operate and configure necessary network infrastructure, describe networking technologies, basic design principles, and adhere to wiring standards and use testing tools. We aim to impart the skill sets from the basics while
New CCNP Enterprise Certification The latest Cisco Certified Network Professional Enterprise – CCNP Enterprise certification is the next step up from the CCNA certification. The CCNP Enterprise certification indicates advanced knowledge of networking. A CCNP Enterprise can install, configure and troubleshoot LAN and WAN in medium and large enterprise organizations. There are no pre-requisites to